Sunday, June 15, 2008

Oh what a week



Meet Pixie my hummingbird, she is a beauty and she comes to visit daily.

This week has been so full of rain and storms! We only lost power for 6 hrs, we have people here that have been out for a week. I just did not think it was very bad, so dh and I took a ride and now I see why the declared a state of emergency. So now the people on the other side of the city will get some relief. The news said it needs to clean up trees from over 500 city blocks.
And gosh I can not believe the other states like Iowa and Wisconsin that have all the flooding. Say a little prayer that they get help soon and the water goes far away.

I can say the last few days have been very nice and sunny. Today was a nice day Jayne and I did some scrap shopping and we got triple punches! Now that was the best part.

On a sad note I found 4 baby eggs that were on our patio, I have no idea how they got there, we have been looking in the tree and see no nest. So we have no idea how they ended up on the patio and they were all cracked and someone stepped on one :(
poor babies.

HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT WEEK AND HAPPY FATHERS DAY TO ALL.

5 comments:

Picture This said...

Poor baby birdies. Wonder how they got there?

What did you buy shopping?? Anything good?

Jen said...

Poor eggs!! That's sad. Pixie is adorable, though - what a great picture!!

Mary Jo said...

Oh, your post brings back bad memories of the summer we had that bad storm and lost power for five days. I would not want to relive that any time soon!! So glad you didn't lose power for to long and my sympathies are definitely with those who have been without for a week!!

Shalini said...

Weather this year is so crazy, almost every where in the world...

Love pixie's picture...beautiful shot.

Jeanne said...

that is so awesome to capture the hummingbird in flight like that. We used to have them visit the quince bush where we lived. Miss seeing those little beauties.