Sunday, April 12, 2009

Good Easter Sunday/Easter Memories

Happy Easter to all, I hope you enjoy the day with family and friends.

I have an Easter Memory, Every Easter Sunday was always spent at our house with family members. Mom always took us shopping for a new dress, patten leather shoes and an Easter bonnet with those darn elastics that went around your chin to hold that bonnet on.
Lunch/Dinner has always been kielbasa, ham, boiled eggs, cottage cheese (for me :))
potato's, yummy breads and mom always bought butter in a shape of a lamb. It was so cute. Most of the family made and ate the Polish Easter Soup called Borscht.

It was always made in a huge pot, to this day I do not know why but I never had it. I guess I never liked the looks of it. But Jayne made some yesterday (she had to take some to my brother's) and today that is what is on the menu. So here is a photo, hummm what do you think? Have you ever ate Borscht?




So what are your Easter Memories??

3 comments:

Mary Jo said...

Happy Easter, Nancy!! :0)

joni said...

Hope you had a nice Easter Nancy! I really don't have any special memories of Easter growing up....I know we got baskets! Now while my kids were growing up, every Easter has been special. We always did egg hunts and one year we were at my dads house in New Mexico..where he has Pecan trees and instead of eggs, the kids hunted pecans! They had the best time! And we thought it was pretty fun too!

Jeanne said...

I've never made Borst but have had it with Easter dinners. Like it a lot. We're Polish too so have similar memories of the holiday growing up. Used to have the prist come to our house to bless the food Easter Saturday as well.