Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Just wondering

Why are there no B batteries? There are AA's and even AAA's, C's and D's...but what happened to B?

The Scarecrow got a brain, Tin Man got a heart, Lion got courage, Dorothy got home, what did Toto get?

When I erase a word with a pencil, where does it go?

I think I wonder too much. Are there things you wonder about?

The last few days I have thought about a lot of things that has happened in my life and ask why to those thoughts. I will never get an answer. Why can't we get an answer for everything we want to know? I thought questions were made to be answered?

off to ponder some more....have a great week

7 comments:

Colors of Me said...

LOL!!!

Mary Jo said...

Hmmm...never thought about the batteries before. Now you got me thinking ;0)

DawnW said...

I have wondered about that Battery question myself. Who decided that B got left out and A received not only a double helping but a triple helping as well?

Rita said...

Maybe some questions are better left unanswered -- we might not like what we hear! You never know...

You make so many good points Nancy...wish I had some brilliant answers for you! :)

Shalini said...

Love your post... its making me think.
And i totally agree with you on that questions are meant to be answered... it bothers me when I can't find answers...

Jen said...

From Wikipedia: "A B battery is any battery used to provide the plate voltage of a vacuum tube." They were 90 volt and when the single cell batteries were first marketed, they avoided the use of single-A and B to avoid confusion with the batteries in vacuum tubes.

Toto got to go home with Dorothy. My theory is that he only wanted to stay with her, anyway, so he got what he wanted, too.

I think erased words go to word heaven, where they earn their wings and fly around all day. I haven't decided if words erased on a computer (when you backspace) go to the same place or not.

Glad I could help clear these up!

Jeanne said...

hehe thank goodness we have Jen to answer these tough questions.