Saturday, September 27, 2008

loving the cooler temps

You can sure tell fall is in the air, the days are shorter, the temps are cooler and the leaves are already changing colors. Quite a few have fallen off the front trees.
So soon the raking will begin.
I'm really hoping to take a ride and walk through some parks and snap some nice fall colors.
AND.....
I cook really I do just not much during the summer, that is dh's job, grill and all but.....
I love cooking this time of year, I made gumpkies and they were so good. Now to decide which kind of soup I want. And if anyone has some yummy soup recipe's send them my way.
We already made it to the Apple Farm for caramel apples and apple pie. Soon it will be time to head to the pumpkin patch

Today took a ride to visit the kids, I needed a kid fix, now I'm good for a week LOL.
Here is a photo I snapped of them.



Tristan, Maddie, SkyLyn, JaeLee, Tristin and Raymond (RJ)

5 comments:

Jen said...

I love that picture. Boy, Skylyn sure looks a lot like you! I enjoy the cooler weather, too - I'd be perfectly fine if it would just stay in the 60s and 70s all year round! LOL

Mary Jo said...

The weather has been gorgeous here! I cannot complain. So unusual for the midwest :0)

What sweeties :0)

Rita said...

The photo is SO cute! I love it!

Raking is the only part of fall that gets to be a pain. It's fun at first because the kids love to play in the piles of leaves (so do I -- hee hee).

Caramel apples sound so good....mmmmm....apple pie too...

Glad you're enjoying the Fall weather!

Suzanna said...

They are SO cute!! I am *not* enjoying the cool temps! I had to turn my heat on this morning, and i have been freezing cold all day, wearing my wool lined boots all day around the house and covering with a blanket! LOL! I think not only am I mentally wanting to move to Texas and the warmer climate, that my body is physically *rejecting* this cold Michigan weather. LOL!

Jeanne said...

We've had to scrape our windows a couple mornings. Don't mind the cooler weather just wish I didn't have to leave in the morning before they had a chance to thaw. lol