Sunday, January 11, 2009

BBBBRRRRR

It is darn cold out and it is getting colder this week, along with more snow:(
They say it will be 3 to 5 degrees with a bad chilly wind chill. It makes me cold just thinking about it. But I did bring in lots of firewood, I love having a fire going all weekend.

Monday 1-12 is a day everyone should call their mom, sister, niece, nephew or any family member you choose. Just say Hello and see how their day is going.

It is a sad day for us, my favorite Aunt Katherine passed away 20 yrs ago, my mom 10 yrs ago and today would have been Holly's 30th birthday. Holly loved her grandma so much that when my mom died on her birthday she know longer wanted to celebrate her birthdays. So today we will not celebrate but I will be calling some loved ones, and thinking of those that are no longer down here with us.

On a happy note......most of my stores are making their sales this month. Knock on some wood!!! Hope it continues to the end of the month.

Have a super duper week.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I feel for you Nancy about the weather. It is so warm here today I a have the door and windows open to air things out. It will get cold again so I like take advantage of the nice days while I can.
I'm sorry today is a sad day for you. I'm thinking of you and your family.

Jeanne said...

I'm so sorry you have so many sad reminders on this day but your attitude is wonderful to get in touch with those who are here. {{HUGS}} Nancy. Glad to hear the outlook is good for your stores.

Mary Jo said...

I am so sorry for all of the losses you are remembering at this time.
(((Hugs)))

So glad though your stores are doing well with the way the economy is! Definitely a positive note!

Kathy said...

So sorry about your reminders for this day. I hope your weather breaks a bit too.
We are only at 27 today and haven't had any snow yet.
I wish that my business was doing better but buying art is a luxury in these times.