Saturday, November 24, 2007

Black Friday......shopping weekend.

So how was your Thanksgiving? I hope it was spent with family and friends. We went to some friends house and all I had to take was a ham cheese ball and crackers, I got off easy. So my day was spent relaxing, eating, relaxing, playing games, relaxing and more relaxing LOL

Well can you guess what I did this weekend??? Yep I worked actually I still have to work tomorrow. The parking lots were full, but the stores were not super busy. We had good sales on Friday, but today was slow.
I did run into Wally world for some personal items, tins and some candy and walked right up to the check out no long lines. They were not busy at all. Nothing in those ads caught my eye or called out my name.
BUT
Every year when the new PS2 games come out DH always wants one that is hard to find. I lucked out this year, since he already told me which one he would like I got it asap. How well let me tell you, we opened a new store in Rochester and the only stores in the plaza that are open are us, GNC and Game Stop. So my manager walked into game stop about an hour after they got the game in she had her hot little hands on it for me. Thanks Rita.

Have a super week.

4 comments:

Picture This said...

You lucked out with the game! I think I was in Wally World on Saturday and the lines were not long either....for a change. They are notorious for having dozens of people on hand standing around watching the long lines get longer.

Glad you survived black Friday

Suzanna said...

I ended up not going shopping, I just didn't want to deal with all those people, especially since I didn't see ANY good deals on anything in the papers.

Yuck, I remember how it was working retail during this time of year, and back then, I worked in three different stores in the mall, two of them full-time, the other part-time. I was working so much, it was horrible. I don't envy you, that's for sure!!

Rita said...

I shopped early, early on Friday by myself and it was crazy! Went to Toys R Us, Target, Old Navy -- all of them were busy. Then I went on Saturday with my mom and it wasn't nearly as bad.

Hope you're doing well -- I've missed you guys!

Jeanne said...

Glad you had a nice holiday. We went to the mall Sunday and were very surprised at how quiet it was. Maybe everyone was shopped out from Friday.