Friday, January 25, 2008

I need some sun

January is such a blah month for many reasons. One of the reasons I think it is so blah is because we have had only a couple of days with sun, winter is long and cold and I really don't mind it, but I think this season we have had the least amount of sunshine.

I want and need to have the smell of spring! I can not wait until I can see the flowers popping up in the garden. Because of this I think I have been in a funk. Normally the stress at work don't bother me, but lately everything bothers me.

Well enough dwelling, at least I have been doing some creating, have to say I love making ATC's. I think I'm actually getting excited about the mega meet. Last year I skipped it so I think I just may have to go this year. Not that I want to spend the money but it gets me motivated.

I'm packed and ready to crop tomorrow. Hope I get some things done and not chat the day away.

5 comments:

Christi said...

(((hugs))) for you, Nancy. It sounds like you may need one of those daylight lights...they are supposed to help it feel brighter and help through the winter months. When we lived in England (where it was dark at 2:00 in the afternoon in the winter and always cloudy!) lots of people used them.

I hope that you will share your ATC's on the blog! smiles...

Picture This said...

Sun shine is at a premium these days...I love a sunny day, even if it is really really cold out...the sun is so nice. Hope you got a lot done at your crop

Mary Jo said...

Hope you had fun at the crop!!
And January is my least fave month, too! So dark so early and the whole holiday letdown on top of that!!

Suzanna said...

Gotta love those winter blahs, huh? I know what you mean, I feel like that too! Hope you got lots of creating done!

Theresa said...

Scientifc research (meaning they spent money to work this out!!) has proved that last week was the most miserable week of the year - well in England anyway!! Weather, Christmas credit card statements coming in, winter sickness....
So you are not alone, and I was just thinking yesterday, "I wonder what my bulbs are doing under all that snow". Can't wait to see a daffodil in my own garden for the first time in 6 years!!
I think we are all looking forward to February - I know I am!!