Tuesday, January 1, 2008

2008

We stayed home last night and watched the ball drop. Love Dick Clark but the man is not looking so good, he had accomplished quite a bit in his life. And of course I did see Val. Many of you probably have seen him too, he was the one in the bright pink baseball hat and he has a full beard, he inches his way into the camera every chance he gets. LOL Val has been going to New York for many years now, I use to work near him when we both worked at our local mall. So every year I look for him.

2008 is off to a great start, today I reorganized, cleaned out drawers, rearranged my shelves and all my scrapping supplies. I'm really happy the way it looks now. I can see almost everything and most of it is within a good reach. I don't have a huge area but its mine and it is comfy. Now I'm planning to do more layouts this year and using up quite a bit of my stash. I refuse to buy so much ahead of time anymore, when I go to use it most of it will seem old and I have a ton of pattern paper that must be used.

I have many other goals also, some are the same as last year. Go figure.
But I do vow not to be angry with anyone, keep be in touch with real friends beter, treat others how I would want to be treated and live life to the fullest. Life is too short and we lost too many people this past year too soon. Some have passed on and others choose not to talk to me anymore for reasons unknown, and do not have the guts to tell me why, so I say it is your loss I have always been a good friend to those I know.

I wish all of you a healthy, happy and a great New Year.

6 comments:

Rita said...

Wow -- you have been busy on this first day of the year! Wish mine was as productive!

Happy New Year to you!! I wish you all the best this coming year!!

Jayne said...

Rock on chica! Your goals for the new year are true! You're a good egg.

joni said...

Happy New Year Nancy! Isn't it sad about Dick Clark....such a legend! You are one motivated girl!!! Wish I was! I like your resolutions....I should make the same!

Mary Jo said...

Nancy one of my big resolutions is to stay in touch with friends better, too!
It's amazing how quickly time flies by and you realize you haven't talked to someone in months!

margokp said...

Happy New Year....... if I had a resolution, it also would be to keep in better touch with friends old and new.

Jeanne said...

Great resolutions nancy! Looking forward to working on the using your stash challenge with you!