Monday, April 21, 2008

grrrrr.....parkers

I never ever like to use the word HATE, but I have to say I HATE people who park illegally. So many people just park on the yellow lines in front of our store and say "I'm in a hurry can you ring me up first. Or the ones that park in the handicap spot and run in and cut in line because they are in a hurry, no shit they are illegally parked of course they are going to be in a hurry. It's is a $75.00 ticket if you get caught.

Since my dh is handicap and I have a handicap sign for my car, I will never ever cheat and park in handicap if he is not with me. It can be pouring rain and I will walk.

I bring this up today, because a young girl who said she had her grandpa's car was bragging with her friend on how cool it is to get the first parking place every where they went today. They are young and had no need to cheat, some days my dh can not even walk well and because of cheaters has to park quite a ways away and then is too tired to finish his shopping.

So please be kind and park legally.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jen said...

I totally agree with you, Nancy. I have a handicap thing in my car because of driving Aunt Rose and Mom & Dad places, and I won't use it unless one of them is with me, either. That's just not right - scammers!

Picture This said...

that kind of stuff really burns my butt!!! I always park further out, mainly because other people have total disregard for other peoples property anyway, so I park where I feel safe without being out too far.

I had an relative who had a tag for driving his MIL around when she was alive, and used it until it expired (well, after her death I might add...), now he has severe athsma and needs the tag for himself....karma I guess

Rita said...

I hate when people do that too Nancy. It's just not right. And to be "bragging" about it -- that's so thoughtless.

Jeanne said...

I agree with you Nancy. That's a pet peeve of mine about drivers or parkers as you say. We always see some idiot parked in the fire lane of the grocery store too. And like you say more often than not they're not even someone who has a handicap. Grr

Tina said...

You are so right on! I have even made comments on my "off" days to people parking like that at Wally world! Makes me so mad!