Sunday, August 19, 2007

Rainy Day Sunday

Yesterday was a bit of a lazy day, today I hope to get more done. Today is the last day of my vacation and need to use this day wisely, and get a couple of things done.
Dh may go out shopping and use his birthday gc's and that will give me some me time. I was bumming for him (he says no big deal) but no one from is side of the family sent him a birthday card or even called him. His sister did call and ask him to go let her dog out but didn't say anything, she must have forgotten. Geez he has a friend in Australia that he chats with and he even called to say Happy Birthday. So weird how everyone is different. I try to remember to send everyone on both sides a card by email, postal or even a telephone call. But that is just me.
Which now reminds me....I have been one of those persons who never said NO. Whoever or whatever it was I always said yes and helped out. Not no more, it was too hard to please everyone all the time. I now say sorry I can't! Sometimes I feel guilty, but have you ever noticed when you needed something you don't get the help!
Off to to some me things.

3 comments:

Melanie said...

Ahhh yes!! I totally understand where you are coming from. I am just overcoming my yes syndrom. I am also learning to deal with the guilt issue that comes with saying no. I still haven't achieved the non-guilt of doing things for me. I have a tendency to do all the the "chores" and all responsibilities. Which then by the time all is done I am either exhausted and/or run out of time. So, I am to learn to also make myself a priority. Anyway....sorry for the long wined comment, just wanted to let you know, I totally understand where you are coming from.

Suzanna said...

Uh, that sucks that noone bothered to acknowledge his birthday!! How hard is it to do that?! Geez! I know what you mean Nancy, about always saying yes, and I quit doing that quite a while ago. I'm sick of always lending a hand, and then when you need something noone is around to help you in that time. I don't always expect things to be reciprocated, but I don't do things anymore for people that just EXPECT me to help. I got sick of people walking all over me.

Scott said...

Hello Friend! I didn't realize you started a BLOG! Tell DH Happy Belated Birthday! I too am one to always try to remember family b-days. Mark's family is very weird, they never do anything! He likes to use that excuese when my b-day rolls around! "It's the way he grew up"! LOL!