Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Do it for yourself and your loved ones......

October is Breast Cancer Awareness month, and I'm asking you to make that call to your doctor and get your mammogram done! I know its not October yet, but it will be here in a few days. This past summer I received news that someone I have know for quite a few years had a double mastectomy, she waited to long to go to the doctor and she is in her late 40's with 3 children. (and she works in the emergency room at the hospital) Her mother in law also had one two years ago, but never went to the doctor for regular check ups. He husband also died of cancer.

Now I recently was told about someone else I have known for 20 years has cancer. It is such a terrible disease.

So please just take a moment make that call, get your mammogram, get a checkup and also make your loved one go to. Life is just to short, you never know what tomorrow will bring.

Lots of love to all and have a super week.

4 comments:

Rita said...

Great reminder Nancy -- so important! I'm not quite 40, but my doctor told me I should have one mammogram between 35 & 40 and I keep putting it off. It's not something to put off -- cancer is a horrible disease! So sorry you know so many people affected by it.

Carolyn said...

So important and something that should be done.

Good post!

Picture This said...

Very important, and so easy too.
Had my first one this year and It wasn't bad at all. Easy as cake.

DawnW

joni said...

Thanks for the reminder Nancy....I had mine done last week and it really isn't that bad ladies. The advantages certainly out weigh the few minutes of discomfort! I also have a very good friend who is in her late 40's go through a double mastectomy, and is currently undergoing chemo. So important!